If you would like to know how to get a job at Target, whether it’s a full time or part time role, then you need to prepare yourself with a strategy to get your foot in the door for an interview.
Target is a company that prides itself on customer service and offers many young people, like yourself, the opportunity to work in a retail environment that can be very challenging and rewarding. There have been many young people who have started their career working for Target and then progress on to other opportunities. Target is owned by Wesfarmers Corporation who also own Bunnings, Coles, Kmart, Officeworks and many other subsidiary businesses. So, if you would like to get a job at Target, it can open your doors to these other organisations in the future.
What do I need to do?
The goal is to get that first interview opportunity and know your self-worth so you can demonstrate this to the interviewer. Large retailer giants like Target want to invest in young people like yourself because they need reliable staff who offer good customer service and can work flexible shifts. Imagine a job where you were surrounded with like minded people who value the opportunity to move around from department to department whilst learning how to interact with all types of customers. Target is a great employer and will offer you lifelong skills that are practical and can’t be taught in education. Anyone who works for Target and demonstrates their commitment to their brand will benefit with other employable organisations because the Target brand is strong and holds a high representation to many other employers.
Key areas to focus on are:
- A tailored resume (See our resume tips!) and cover letter showcasing why you make the perfect fit for Target
- Demonstrate what characteristics and traits you have that would allow you to perform in the role
- How can you show them that you understand great customer service?
- Properly read the job ad and make sure you meet the requirements to apply for the job and if you don’t, have a valid explanation of why they should still consider you
- Prepare for the interview! For more on interviews, see our Top 12 Interview Tips and our Top 11 Interview Questions with tips on how to answer them.
Target is an iconic Australian retailer with stores located all over Australia. They offer very competitive rates of pay and an intensive range of member benefits. They have training and development initiatives to assist their staff for better performance and understanding.
What Target can offer you?
- A great way to start your career
- They are a retail giant and have a well recognised brand
- Working with in a fast pace environment that is customer focused
- In a fun, positive working environment
- They offer fantastic opportunities, and the look after their staff
- Be provided with continuous training to up-skill yourself
- Opportunities to be promoted from within
Does this sound like something you would like to be a part of? If so, learn more about what soft skills you need to take that first step at Target.
Log into their career’s page and have a look:
What can Keyba Careers do to help you?
Why not prepare yourself with a crash course before you apply so you have that competitive edge to stand out. Sign-up to your free account today and if you like you can subscribe to our program and learn the following:
- How to get a job – this lesson is FREE
- Gain an understanding of business in today’s world
- Understand what good customer service is and why it’s so important
- How to have a good sales approach
- How to sell yourself over the phone
- Learn how the recruitment process works
- Develop your career plan
Target, like many other large Australian retailers, are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with the ability to create great energy with both the team and customers. To give yourself the best chance to use our tips and strategies, complete the Keyba Careers short online crash course the “Employer Engagement Program” that is targeted for young people like yourself to get that job opportunity. Learn about the interview process and what it takes to get a job with Target. Register today! www.keybacareers.com.au